Re: would this work to hold line

  • GREGORY WELKER
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2008
      Here was the intent in which I posted the piece of hardware that started all of this -
      I get tired of setting up the hammock, getting in, seeing how it sags, and then having to get out, undo at least one of the knots holding it to the trees, and then getting back in.   The JRB concept looks interesting in that I'll spend less time untieing and retying knots.  And yes, I prefer shoelaces over velcro.
      On the plus side, this thread has had a good long run!  :)

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2008
        Hi Gregory,

        That's why I was using a taunt-line hitch. Once tied, all I had to do
        was slide it up or down the rope to adjust sag. The thing was, I had to
        tie it fresh at each camp (hmm... trees aren't always placed the same
        distance apart) and, for me, it involved putting in semipermanent knots
        from which to loop the hitch. Spectra is slippery enough that I
        couldn't just loop through tree huggers and tie the taunt-line hitch
        right back on the spectra. Instead, I needed a few wraps between the
        loop and the tree-huggers. Well, when you start doing wraps like that,
        wrapping and unwrapping a Hennessey Wrap starts looking like it has the
        same fiddle factor.

        Glad you found a system that works for you. Those JRB buckles do look
        nice and simple.

        CL
        who wears shoes with buckles