  • the gnome of blue island
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 5:34 PM
      I have a small cam cleat, that works just fine, to hand and adjust my H.  10 gms? tied to the tree hugger and the rope from my cuben hammock goes into the cleat. Just to see if it would work. (it does and looks sharp if that matters!) actually I usually use the wrap (Speer?) then no  hdwre, , I fail to see what the intense talk about adjusters, rings , special delies etc ,when the figure 8 speer wrap never fails and is infinetely adjustable.is cheep light and simple! and as it is not a knot it can never jam. (Or did I just shoot the sacred cow!)  the gnome of blue island

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9 10:23 PM
        Nope, no sacred cows. That was my conclusion with the Hennessey
        spectra, that a wrap is just as simple, doesn't bind, and doesn't have
        the weight or 'lose-ability' factor of hardware.

        CL
        who probably will keep some hardware (biners) because her husband would
        carry them anyway in case of rescue situations.