Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: would this work to hold line?

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 9 1:56 PM
      It might work if 1 if it was metal and not plastic and 2 if two were mounted back to back or one with an eye-bolt on the other side to tie off the line. 2 mooring cleats could would work also but webbing and a cinch buckle would be better and less destructive .

      Some people like me just don't care that much about extra 4-6 ounces for what ever reason, and there are some that may use the knot this time but by the time the next use comes around...what knot was that .

      I once tried to show a MD how to make better before/after photos of his patents but he just couldn't do it, He was more into the doctoring. I'm sure if he was in the OR and HAD to he would at least say where is Arye when I need him.
      If it was not something a person used everyday most don't remember it.
      Some don't understand why I carry a knife everyday but when I'm there and pull it out to cut a sandwich or a box they don't ask why but are glad to see it handy. BTW a pen knife was called a pen knife because it was used to cut a new tip on a quill pen when needed.

      Sapere Aude,

      Arye P. Rubenstein

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 28, 2008
        Hi Moz,

        I like that knot. It's basically a prussic with a clever way of tying
        off. Once tied, is it adjustable?

        The pics are great--very clear.

        CL

        Moz wrote:
        > Cara Lin Bridgman said:
        >> I have tied bowline and an alpine butterfly knots in my Hennessey
        >> Hammock spectra so I could use other ways of tying my hammock than the
        >> Hennessey Wrap. The Wrap was tedious and was causing some wear and tear
        >> on the tree huggers.
        >
        > I played around with wrap-style knots and came up with one that's
        > quick to tie and has worked well for me for a couple of years now.
        > Have a go and let me know if it works for you:
        >
        > http://moz.net.nz/photo/2005/07/25-knot/
        >
        > If the pics don't make sense I can have another go, but the last
        > person to ask did it just off those.
        >
        > Moz

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499