Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: would this work to hold line?

  • Amy Bailey
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 7, 2008
      For almost the same price, you can get a pair of straps from JRB with their
      new AL tri-glides. I used them with a pair of lightweight climbing
      carabiners to hang my HH in the Poconos a few weeks ago.

      http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/Hammock%20Strap%20Set.htm

      I didn't do it the way they pictured it, I used the carabiners to secure the
      strap around the tree, and made a strap loop with the tri-glide that the
      HH's original lashing line was looped through. Once it's up, you can adjust
      length pretty easily through the tri-glide.

      ---Amy

      On 8/5/08, Tom Frazier <wildewudu@...> wrote:

      > And often not exactly horizontal. ;o)

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 28, 2008
        Hi Moz,

        I like that knot. It's basically a prussic with a clever way of tying
        off. Once tied, is it adjustable?

        The pics are great--very clear.

        CL

        Moz wrote:
        > Cara Lin Bridgman said:
        >> I have tied bowline and an alpine butterfly knots in my Hennessey
        >> Hammock spectra so I could use other ways of tying my hammock than the
        >> Hennessey Wrap. The Wrap was tedious and was causing some wear and tear
        >> on the tree huggers.
        >
        > I played around with wrap-style knots and came up with one that's
        > quick to tie and has worked well for me for a couple of years now.
        > Have a go and let me know if it works for you:
        >
        > http://moz.net.nz/photo/2005/07/25-knot/
        >
        > If the pics don't make sense I can have another go, but the last
        > person to ask did it just off those.
        >
        > Moz

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499