Re: would this work to hold line?

  • Bill Keiser
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 4, 2008
      - probably too small
      - what would you bolt it to?
      - bear in mind that the horizontal forces on a hammock line can be
      several times the actual weight of the person suspended in it.
      bill keiser

      > Looking through a sailing catalog, I came across this piece of
      > hardware. It looks like it would work on a hammock line -
      >
      > http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d273000/e270515.asp

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 28, 2008
        Hi Moz,

        I like that knot. It's basically a prussic with a clever way of tying
        off. Once tied, is it adjustable?

        The pics are great--very clear.

        CL

        Moz wrote:
        > Cara Lin Bridgman said:
        >> I have tied bowline and an alpine butterfly knots in my Hennessey
        >> Hammock spectra so I could use other ways of tying my hammock than the
        >> Hennessey Wrap. The Wrap was tedious and was causing some wear and tear
        >> on the tree huggers.
        >
        > I played around with wrap-style knots and came up with one that's
        > quick to tie and has worked well for me for a couple of years now.
        > Have a go and let me know if it works for you:
        >
        > http://moz.net.nz/photo/2005/07/25-knot/
        >
        > If the pics don't make sense I can have another go, but the last
        > person to ask did it just off those.
        >
        > Moz

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499