Re: [Hammock Camping] Pictures of the freestanding support?

    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 28, 2008
      It was really crazy and anti intuitive. I have tried it in one other
      situation when it would not work. I think that the geometry is important.

      yeah, I tried multiple stakes holding stakes. In the moist dirt of the
      fall of the year, I could not get anything that I would carry in my pack
      to work. Of course, a fence post would have worked...

      Rick

      Bill Keiser wrote:
      > he says: " I tried this with tent stakes without success. Like
      > always, the pull on the stake is MUCH greater than anything a tent
      > usually puts on a stake. Even two stakes in tandem could not support
      > my weight."
      > if you use the double stake system it might work:
      > i also find it hard to believe that a single pole could be stable
      > without two guylines, but he's done it.
      > bill keiser
      > (please remember to trim replies for those of us on digest)
      >
      >>> Risk has a section about that...
      >>> http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/singlepolehammock.htm
      >
      >> There was a way you could put a freestanding post partway between the
      >> trees, and hang between one tree and that post. I think the top of the
      >> post was then anchored to the bottom of the far tree.
      >>

      >> Bear

    • Arturo Villarete
      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 1, 2008
        Eh!!?  Is the creator the one who made this novel  anchor system, or the one who makes fertilizers out of dead men?

        From: Amy Bailey <rosecentaur@ gmail.com>
        To: hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:49 AM

        The dead man = fertilizer.