Re: [Hammock Camping] Pictures of the freestanding support?

  • Tom Frazier
    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 25, 2008
      I've had to do that a few times. I don't think it really matters how low you tie the end of the support rope, it's the pole in the middle (between the far away tree and the hammock) that is adjusted for height, rather than the tree as you would usually do. What I did was just tie two stout branches together at the top, splay them out and stick them in the ground a little bit to prevent my position from slipping and I tied the hammock support rope to the top (so it wouldn't slip). The support sticks don't have to be as strong as the main support tree since not all the weight is being supported directly, the tree is still doing that.

      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 1, 2008
        Eh!!?  Is the creator the one who made this novel  anchor system, or the one who makes fertilizers out of dead men?

        From: Amy Bailey <rosecentaur@ gmail.com>
        To: hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:49 AM

        The dead man = fertilizer.