[Hammock Camping] Re: Silnylon tarps

    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 24 5:45 AM
      I don't think they are a one size fits all. Be sure you know your
      model of sewing machine and whether it is a 5 mm zig zag or 7 mm or
      whatever. I bought a hemmer foot and didn't pay attention that the
      foot was for a 5 mm machine so it didn't work with my 7 mm machine
      because the feed dogs aligned outside the edges of the presser foot.
      Besides the width of the zig zag for the alignment of the feed dogs, I
      know they have low-shank and high-shank machines.

      Dave

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer"
      <sandykayak@...> wrote:

      > Are they "one size fits all" or do I have to take my regular sewing
      > foot?
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Frazier" <wildewudu@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > If you've got a Joanne's fabric store, or a similar outlet, you
      > should be able to get a "walking foot" cheaper than if you were to go
      > to a dealer. I went to my dealer to buy one and ended up spending
      > nearly $20 for one...could have saved $5 if I had bought it at
      > Joanne's! Went there later in the day for some outdoor fabric and saw
      > it...lol..
      > >

      > > Tom

    • Arturo Villarete
      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 1, 2008
        Eh!!?  Is the creator the one who made this novel  anchor system, or the one who makes fertilizers out of dead men?

        From: Amy Bailey <rosecentaur@ gmail.com>
        To: hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:49 AM

        The dead man = fertilizer.