Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Silnylon tarps

  • C C Wayah
    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 22, 2008
      Sandy,
      Nylon tends to unravel badly so if you cut by using a soldering iron it
      seals the edges form unravel.with the
      heat..
      You can also use scissors then run the fabric through a flame carefully(It
      will burn in a flash) to accomplish the same thing. I use one of those tiny
      kerosene oil lamps for this or bic lighter or candle.

      Sil-nylon simply is slippery, Hand basting might be your best option. I've
      thought of using painter tape on both side of the seams then rip it off.
      Don't know how well it would stick and the glues involved on the tape gums
      up the needles. If anyone has some tricks for sewing sil-nylon that works
      please share.

      Rogene
    • Arturo Villarete
      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 1, 2008
        Eh!!?  Is the creator the one who made this novel  anchor system, or the one who makes fertilizers out of dead men?

        From: Amy Bailey <rosecentaur@ gmail.com>
        To: hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:49 AM

        The dead man = fertilizer.