Re: Silnylon tarps

    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 22 5:51 AM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@...>
      wrote:

      > Anyway, via google I found a posting by Youngblood on the seam he
      > sewed that is not a flat felled. Could not access his link. Dave,
      > could you post that info please. I am familiar with French seams and
      > still don't understand the difference.

      Sandy,

      That info is still in the Photo section
      http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/photos/view/6d9e?b=1 .
      What I did was cut the fabric with a soldering iron tip and overlayed
      the two panels when I cut off the excess fabric along the seam that
      joined them together. That melted those edges together and kept them
      in place while I sewed the first stitch line.

      I haven't used that technique in a while and have just been cutting
      fabric with scissors.

      Dave
    • Arturo Villarete
      Message 56 of 56 , Aug 1, 2008
        Eh!!?  Is the creator the one who made this novel  anchor system, or the one who makes fertilizers out of dead men?

        From: Amy Bailey <rosecentaur@ gmail.com>
        To: hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:49 AM

        The dead man = fertilizer.