RE: [Hammock Camping] Boundary Waters Vacation!!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18 6:34 AM
      I've always gone in from the Ely area-including several crossings into
      Quetico. If I lived closer, I'd explore every part of BWCA. It really is a
      neat place, but I don't know much about the Sawbill area. This trip we're
      headed to Insula Lake-a popular crowed lake, but exceptional for the dozens
      of small islands. We'll do a loop from Lake One to Snowbank with lots of
      time for fishing & blue berry picking!

      Ed

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18 8:52 PM
        Hope you had a good time. Which route did you take? Sawbill is also my
        favorite area. I hope to get up there again this year. Never done it
        in a hammock though, always with the tent. Can't wait to get up there
        with my new hammock.