Re: [Hammock Camping] Boundary Waters Vacation!!

  • Dick Dahlen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
      I will be in the Sawbill area on Aug 7th to 16, swinging in an HH.
      You are right nothing is better then the BWCA, cool nights, BUGS, nice
      people..
      Dick D southern Minnesota..

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
        I've always gone in from the Ely area-including several crossings into
        Quetico. If I lived closer, I'd explore every part of BWCA. It really is a
        neat place, but I don't know much about the Sawbill area. This trip we're
        headed to Insula Lake-a popular crowed lake, but exceptional for the dozens
        of small islands. We'll do a loop from Lake One to Snowbank with lots of
        time for fishing & blue berry picking!

        Ed

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
          Hope you had a good time. Which route did you take? Sawbill is also my
          favorite area. I hope to get up there again this year. Never done it
          in a hammock though, always with the tent. Can't wait to get up there
          with my new hammock.