Re: [Hammock Camping] Boundary Waters Vacation!!

  • Dick Dahlen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
      I will be in the Sawbill area on Aug 7th to 16, swinging in an HH.
      You are right nothing is better then the BWCA, cool nights, BUGS, nice
      people..
      Dick D southern Minnesota..

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
          Sounds fantastic!!! I hop you'll have a few pictures to share when you get back.
        Have a great trip!   ...Tim

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008

          > Yea, vacation time is almost here! Next week, Karen & I leave for 9
          > days of padding bliss in Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in
          > northern Minnesota.

          Have a great time!
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
            I've always gone in from the Ely area-including several crossings into
            Quetico. If I lived closer, I'd explore every part of BWCA. It really is a
            neat place, but I don't know much about the Sawbill area. This trip we're
            headed to Insula Lake-a popular crowed lake, but exceptional for the dozens
            of small islands. We'll do a loop from Lake One to Snowbank with lots of
            time for fishing & blue berry picking!

            Ed

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
              Hope you had a good time. Which route did you take? Sawbill is also my
              favorite area. I hope to get up there again this year. Never done it
              in a hammock though, always with the tent. Can't wait to get up there
              with my new hammock.