Re: [Hammock Camping] Boundary Waters Vacation!!

  • ij santiago
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17 2:41 PM
      *ed, karen, i hope the two of you have a wonderful time. watch out for the
      mosquitos!!
      wish it was me...it also happens to be one of my places to kayak.

      hope to see you at the hang out!
      *
      On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:

      > Yea, vacation time is almost here! Next week, Karen & I leave for 9
      > days of padding bliss in Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in
      > norther Minnesota. We can't wait! We've been gathering food & gear
      > for weeks now & the packing has started. We'll have a group of 4
      > people & 3 canoes--perfect for some late summer outdoor fun! We've
      > planned an easy schedule into some lakes new to us--plenty of time
      > for exploring, fishing, eating, & relaxing in one of our favorite
      > wilderness areas.
      >
      > Oh yeah, we'll all have our hammocks, PeaPods & SnugFits! Hammocks &
      > canoes--it doesn't get any better than that!
      >
      > Speer Hammocks Inc will still take online orders while we're gone
      > (July 24-Aug 11) & those orders will be filled as soon as we get back.
      >
      > Karen & I hope everyone is having a great summer. Don't forget our
      > next SEHHA hammock campout Sep 19-21 in Hot Springs, NC. Mark your
      > calendar now! Clike here for more info:
      > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsSep08.htm
      >
      > Ed Speer
      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      > Author, Hammock Camping book
      > Editor, Hammock Camping newsletters
      > Co-Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc

    • Dick Dahlen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 17 4:57 PM
        I will be in the Sawbill area on Aug 7th to 16, swinging in an HH.
        You are right nothing is better then the BWCA, cool nights, BUGS, nice
        people..
        Dick D southern Minnesota..

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 17 6:21 PM
            Sounds fantastic!!! I hop you'll have a few pictures to share when you get back.
          Have a great trip!   ...Tim

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 17 7:33 PM

            > Yea, vacation time is almost here! Next week, Karen & I leave for 9
            > days of padding bliss in Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in
            > northern Minnesota.

            Have a great time!
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 18 6:34 AM
              I've always gone in from the Ely area-including several crossings into
              Quetico. If I lived closer, I'd explore every part of BWCA. It really is a
              neat place, but I don't know much about the Sawbill area. This trip we're
              headed to Insula Lake-a popular crowed lake, but exceptional for the dozens
              of small islands. We'll do a loop from Lake One to Snowbank with lots of
              time for fishing & blue berry picking!

              Ed

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 18 8:52 PM
                Hope you had a good time. Which route did you take? Sawbill is also my
                favorite area. I hope to get up there again this year. Never done it
                in a hammock though, always with the tent. Can't wait to get up there
                with my new hammock.