Boundary Waters Vacation!!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
      Yea, vacation time is almost here! Next week, Karen & I leave for 9
      days of padding bliss in Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in
      norther Minnesota. We can't wait! We've been gathering food & gear
      for weeks now & the packing has started. We'll have a group of 4
      people & 3 canoes--perfect for some late summer outdoor fun! We've
      planned an easy schedule into some lakes new to us--plenty of time
      for exploring, fishing, eating, & relaxing in one of our favorite
      wilderness areas.

      Oh yeah, we'll all have our hammocks, PeaPods & SnugFits! Hammocks &
      canoes--it doesn't get any better than that!

      Speer Hammocks Inc will still take online orders while we're gone
      (July 24-Aug 11) & those orders will be filled as soon as we get back.

      Karen & I hope everyone is having a great summer. Don't forget our
      next SEHHA hammock campout Sep 19-21 in Hot Springs, NC. Mark your
      calendar now! Clike here for more info:
      http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsSep08.htm

      Ed Speer
      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book
      Editor, Hammock Camping newsletters
      Co-Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc
    • ij santiago
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
        *ed, karen, i hope the two of you have a wonderful time. watch out for the
        mosquitos!!
        wish it was me...it also happens to be one of my places to kayak.

        hope to see you at the hang out!
        *
        On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:

        > Yea, vacation time is almost here! Next week, Karen & I leave for 9
        > days of padding bliss in Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in
        > norther Minnesota. We can't wait! We've been gathering food & gear
        > for weeks now & the packing has started. We'll have a group of 4
        > people & 3 canoes--perfect for some late summer outdoor fun! We've
        > planned an easy schedule into some lakes new to us--plenty of time
        > for exploring, fishing, eating, & relaxing in one of our favorite
        > wilderness areas.
        >
        > Oh yeah, we'll all have our hammocks, PeaPods & SnugFits! Hammocks &
        > canoes--it doesn't get any better than that!
        >
        > Speer Hammocks Inc will still take online orders while we're gone
        > (July 24-Aug 11) & those orders will be filled as soon as we get back.
        >
        > Karen & I hope everyone is having a great summer. Don't forget our
        > next SEHHA hammock campout Sep 19-21 in Hot Springs, NC. Mark your
        > calendar now! Clike here for more info:
        > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsSep08.htm
        >
        > Ed Speer
        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
        > Author, Hammock Camping book
        > Editor, Hammock Camping newsletters
        > Co-Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc

      • Dick Dahlen
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
          I will be in the Sawbill area on Aug 7th to 16, swinging in an HH.
          You are right nothing is better then the BWCA, cool nights, BUGS, nice
          people..
          Dick D southern Minnesota..

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
              Sounds fantastic!!! I hop you'll have a few pictures to share when you get back.
            Have a great trip!   ...Tim

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008

              > Yea, vacation time is almost here! Next week, Karen & I leave for 9
              > days of padding bliss in Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in
              > northern Minnesota.

              Have a great time!
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
                I've always gone in from the Ely area-including several crossings into
                Quetico. If I lived closer, I'd explore every part of BWCA. It really is a
                neat place, but I don't know much about the Sawbill area. This trip we're
                headed to Insula Lake-a popular crowed lake, but exceptional for the dozens
                of small islands. We'll do a loop from Lake One to Snowbank with lots of
                time for fishing & blue berry picking!

                Ed

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
                  Hope you had a good time. Which route did you take? Sawbill is also my
                  favorite area. I hope to get up there again this year. Never done it
                  in a hammock though, always with the tent. Can't wait to get up there
                  with my new hammock.