sewing outdoor gear and colthing

  • Joe Federici
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2008
      I know this isn�t directly on topic but I�ve started a yahoo group
      for people who like to sew their own outdoor clothing and gear.

      The focus is be on sewing and all aspects of creating gear. This
      could anything from help finding the right fabric, to selecting the
      right sewing machine. I�ve found a lot of good information on the web
      but most of the groups and lists are either geared towards ultra
      light gear or bulletin boards from retailers to help with projects
      they sell. This list however is for the person who sews and need help
      on any project from a fleece pullover to a tent.

      I�ve already started by adding a ton of good links on everything from
      retailers to free patterns and pictures of competed projects.

      If any of this sounds interesting please feel free to join.

      group/outdoorsewing

      Thanks

      Joe Federici
      Moderator
      Outdoor Sewing

    • dennis barrett
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2008
        I signed up .......
        and waiting to be "accepted".
        I've been wanting to know what type of sewing machine to get .....
        or find someone to sew up a project for me .......
        I'd still prototype my ideas first
        but I'd want to have it sewn up better that what I could do,
        and using good materials,
        and not the cheap stuff I'd model the prototype with.