Re: [Hammock Camping] Trike touring single-pole tie

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      Ive thought about this problem for a motorcycle with no real solution. The problem is a lack of counterweight for the force you create while you are in the hammock.
      You could use a dog run spiral steak <http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=1603> to secure/anchor/tie down a single pole or an inverted 'v' to the earth if a 2nd tree is not available

      I know there are other images but this is what I was able to find

      Single Vertical Pole
      <http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/singlepolehammock.htm>
      this second illustration is an extra secure double staking method. The Line on the left side is going to either a Single vertical Pole or a 2 stick inverted "V"

      Single Horizontal Pole
      <http://hammockzzz-smokerzzz.com/_wsn/page2.html>
      <http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6934983-0-large.jpg>

      2 stick inverted "V"