Re: [Hammock Camping] Michigan hammock camping

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
      You mnight want to start with Ed Speer's (owner/moderator of this
      forum) Hammock Camping book.

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sue M." <sumoe_99@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any
      questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

      > sue

      whenever I get the chance to camp, which isn't that often. In my mind
      I'm still a novice but I do have one winter night under my belt as
      well as a stormy weekend; one in which I took not a single drop of
      rain.

      > I used my Hennessey last weekend, suspended over a thirty degree
      slope and despite the strong winds, slept quite well.

      > I've yet to master the under-cover/under-pad/four season system,
      but I haven't given up either.

      > Happy camping and let me know if you have any specific questions.
      Rod

    • David Ball
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
        Hey you Michigan hangers!

        I am in the SW corner of the lower peninsula. A true flat lander and up
        state wannabe. I spend a lot of time on the Manistee river just south of
        Traverse City outfitting multi-day canoe-camping trips.

        I have begun hanging this year, recently did a 5 day canoe trip and
        absolutely loved it. I have a Claytor jungle hammock, as does my wife,
        and we spend nearly every weekend now sleeping in our woods.

        Would love to get together with some folks sometime. I also would enjoy
        seeing what other folks are doing. While I have learned a great deal
        through this format as well as the Hammock Forum, there is so much more to
        learn. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

        David

        http://www.riverjourneys.org