Re: [Hammock Camping] New poll for hammockcamping

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 5 3:27 AM
      To far for me, but I hope it's well attended.
      It's good to see hammockers getting together in other parts besides the south east!

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 6 7:18 AM
        Hey hammock-hanger/Cavediver2

        Be sure to check your state park regs about tieing anything to trees....in Florida, State Parks DO NOT allow anything fastened to trees.....posts are put up for clothes lines. Park resident managers check...and give wittten notes/warnings to any violators.( I live in Maryland, but have camped several places in Florida....and had to tent.)

        And have you surveyed the proposed park sites to see if there are enough sites with enough trees to accomodate the group you may have? I've been in some parks where the camping sites are nice....but the trees just weren't planted quite right to hang a hammock!! Reasonable spacing is handy.

        Just a word in your ear... ;-))

        I'm sure the hammockers in the quad-quint state area you're interested in would appreciate your being sure of such things. Hammock Hangs are good times....enjoy!! Good Luck.

        Rosie/mdhiker