Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Michigan hammock camping

  • Sue M.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
      I don't know if I'm a fellow hammocker yet...still learning! I have a small tent and self-inflating mattress, and the next step looks scary! I need to hear that you are all doing fine with this system...

      sue

      Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.
      James Madison
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
        You mnight want to start with Ed Speer's (owner/moderator of this
        forum) Hammock Camping book.

        sandy in miami

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sue M." <sumoe_99@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any
        questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

        > sue

        whenever I get the chance to camp, which isn't that often. In my mind
        I'm still a novice but I do have one winter night under my belt as
        well as a stormy weekend; one in which I took not a single drop of
        rain.

        > I used my Hennessey last weekend, suspended over a thirty degree
        slope and despite the strong winds, slept quite well.

        > I've yet to master the under-cover/under-pad/four season system,
        but I haven't given up either.

        > Happy camping and let me know if you have any specific questions.
        Rod

      • David Ball
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
          Hey you Michigan hangers!

          I am in the SW corner of the lower peninsula. A true flat lander and up
          state wannabe. I spend a lot of time on the Manistee river just south of
          Traverse City outfitting multi-day canoe-camping trips.

          I have begun hanging this year, recently did a 5 day canoe trip and
          absolutely loved it. I have a Claytor jungle hammock, as does my wife,
          and we spend nearly every weekend now sleeping in our woods.

          Would love to get together with some folks sometime. I also would enjoy
          seeing what other folks are doing. While I have learned a great deal
          through this format as well as the Hammock Forum, there is so much more to
          learn. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

          David

          http://www.riverjourneys.org