Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Michigan hammock camping

  • Sue M.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
      I don't know if I'm a fellow hammocker yet...still learning! I have a small tent and self-inflating mattress, and the next step looks scary! I need to hear that you are all doing fine with this system...

      sue

      Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.
      James Madison
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
        Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

        sue

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
          You mnight want to start with Ed Speer's (owner/moderator of this
          forum) Hammock Camping book.

          sandy in miami

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sue M." <sumoe_99@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any
          questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

          > sue

        • David Ball
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
            Hey you Michigan hangers!

            I am in the SW corner of the lower peninsula. A true flat lander and up
            state wannabe. I spend a lot of time on the Manistee river just south of
            Traverse City outfitting multi-day canoe-camping trips.

            I have begun hanging this year, recently did a 5 day canoe trip and
            absolutely loved it. I have a Claytor jungle hammock, as does my wife,
            and we spend nearly every weekend now sleeping in our woods.

            Would love to get together with some folks sometime. I also would enjoy
            seeing what other folks are doing. While I have learned a great deal
            through this format as well as the Hammock Forum, there is so much more to
            learn. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

            David

            http://www.riverjourneys.org