Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Michigan hammock camping

  • Sue M.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
      I have a few hundred! I'll let you know when I get my thoughts organized, as I don't even know where to start.

      sue
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
        I don't know if I'm a fellow hammocker yet...still learning! I have a small tent and self-inflating mattress, and the next step looks scary! I need to hear that you are all doing fine with this system...

        sue

        Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.
        James Madison
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
          Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

          sue

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
            You mnight want to start with Ed Speer's (owner/moderator of this
            forum) Hammock Camping book.

            sandy in miami

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sue M." <sumoe_99@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any
            questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

            > sue

          • David Ball
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
              Hey you Michigan hangers!

              I am in the SW corner of the lower peninsula. A true flat lander and up
              state wannabe. I spend a lot of time on the Manistee river just south of
              Traverse City outfitting multi-day canoe-camping trips.

              I have begun hanging this year, recently did a 5 day canoe trip and
              absolutely loved it. I have a Claytor jungle hammock, as does my wife,
              and we spend nearly every weekend now sleeping in our woods.

              Would love to get together with some folks sometime. I also would enjoy
              seeing what other folks are doing. While I have learned a great deal
              through this format as well as the Hammock Forum, there is so much more to
              learn. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

              David

              http://www.riverjourneys.org