Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Michigan hammock camping

  • Sue M.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
      I have a few hundred! I'll let you know when I get my thoughts organized, as I don't even know where to start.

      sue
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
        Sue,

        I am near Jackson. I have a mosquito bliss hammock. I have used it a
        few times, mostly when i am not camping with my girlfriend. Good to
        hear from fellow hammockers in MI!!

        NATE
      • Sue M.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
          I don't know if I'm a fellow hammocker yet...still learning! I have a small tent and self-inflating mattress, and the next step looks scary! I need to hear that you are all doing fine with this system...

          sue

          Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.
          James Madison

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
            Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

            sue

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
              You mnight want to start with Ed Speer's (owner/moderator of this
              forum) Hammock Camping book.

              sandy in miami

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sue M." <sumoe_99@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the information. I don't know enough to have any
              questions...I keep reading and taking in all information, like yours!

              > sue

            • David Ball
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
                Hey you Michigan hangers!

                I am in the SW corner of the lower peninsula. A true flat lander and up
                state wannabe. I spend a lot of time on the Manistee river just south of
                Traverse City outfitting multi-day canoe-camping trips.

                I have begun hanging this year, recently did a 5 day canoe trip and
                absolutely loved it. I have a Claytor jungle hammock, as does my wife,
                and we spend nearly every weekend now sleeping in our woods.

                Would love to get together with some folks sometime. I also would enjoy
                seeing what other folks are doing. While I have learned a great deal
                through this format as well as the Hammock Forum, there is so much more to
                learn. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

                David

                http://www.riverjourneys.org