I soooo want to try hammock camping!!!!

  • eilismaura@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19 3:46 PM
      But most of the camp sites I have been to with the scouts don't have trees
      that can be used!!!!

      I am plus size (roughly 270) - what non-tree options are possible that are
      also portable??

    • Rebecca D Beckwith
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29 12:17 PM
        do a search for portable hammocks, I was able to find one that has to
        have a sturdy post or tree on one end but stand on the other, and
        another that is steel that is fairly heavy but not outrageously so, and
        another one that uses 4x4's (I use this one in my bedroom)

        my household did a setup for a couple of these during Memorial Day
        weekend. http://www.bweebweebwee.com/tensegrity/