Re: [Hammock Camping] My Big Adventure

    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2008
      Very strait forward trip report<G>
      And yep, better brush up on a few of the hiking & hammocking skills... & be careful about the hiking partners you choose too<G>.

      Tina Paxton <Frecs@...> wrote:
      I just posted about my Big Adventure bagging a peak: Clingman's Dome -- the highest peak in Tennessee, the highest peak in the Great Smoky Mountain's National Park, and the second highest peak east of the Mississippi. Check out my blog for the full story including some very valuable lessons learned.

      Tina
      http://frecs.blogspot.com

    • Andrew Buskov
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2008
        Nice report Tina. I know how cold Clingmans can be! I got stuck out there a
        couple Januarys ago. Unfortunately, there were no rangers at the top to
        shuttle us down. Just a long, hard 8 mile hike back to Newfound Gap. It's
        always nice to go on a short hike with people prior to going on a long trek.
        I've been lucky for the most part about the people I've met, but then again.
        there have been those chosen few who I'd like to push off a cliff.

        AB

        _____

        Visit Corridor9

        <http://www.corridor9.net> http://www.corridor9.net

        ____________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2008
          since Iv'e been testing a tent I got lazy reading this group...shoulda
          knowed some yank would besmirch me...:')

          Coy Boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Buskov" <rescue@...>
          wrote:

          > Nice report Tina. I know how cold Clingmans can be! I got stuck out
          there a
          > couple Januarys ago. Unfortunately, there were no rangers at the top
          > shuttle us down. Just a long, hard 8 mile hike back to Newfound Gap.
          It's
          > always nice to go on a short hike with people prior to going on a
          long trek.
          > I've been lucky for the most part about the people I've met, but then
          again.
          > there have been those chosen few who I'd like to push off a cliff.
          >

          > AB

        • Andrew Buskov
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2008
            I didn't say I wanted to push "Coy" off a cliff. how do you know I wasn't
            talking about Chuck???

            COY: Do not read below this line!!!

            (Chuck. I was actually talking about Coy, so don't worry)

            AB

            _____

            wrote:

            > Nice report Tina. I know how cold Clingmans can be! I got stuck out
            there a
            > couple Januarys ago. Unfortunately, there were no rangers at the top
            > shuttle us down. Just a long, hard 8 mile hike back to Newfound Gap.
            It's
            > always nice to go on a short hike with people prior to going on a
            long trek.
            > I've been lucky for the most part about the people I've met, but then
            again.
            > there have been those chosen few who I'd like to push off a cliff.
            >

            > AB