My Big Adventure

  • Tina Paxton
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18 2:17 PM
      I just posted about my Big Adventure bagging a peak: Clingman's Dome -- the highest peak in Tennessee, the highest peak in the Great Smoky Mountain's National Park, and the second highest peak east of the Mississippi. Check out my blog for the full story including some very valuable lessons learned.

      Tina
      http://frecs.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 6 , May 18 5:48 PM
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:

        > I just posted about my Big Adventure bagging a peak: Clingman's Dome
        -- the highest peak in Tennessee, the highest peak in the Great Smoky
        Mountain's National Park, and the second highest peak east of the
        Mississippi. Check out my blog for the full story including some very
        valuable lessons learned.

        > Tina
        > http://frecs.blogspot.com

        Tina... that was quit a trip. It can get very cold on those high
        peaks in the Smokies, they have caught lots of people unprepared for
        what they found.

        Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18 6:00 PM
          Very strait forward trip report<G>
          And yep, better brush up on a few of the hiking & hammocking skills... & be careful about the hiking partners you choose too<G>.

          Tina Paxton <Frecs@...> wrote:
          I just posted about my Big Adventure bagging a peak: Clingman's Dome -- the highest peak in Tennessee, the highest peak in the Great Smoky Mountain's National Park, and the second highest peak east of the Mississippi. Check out my blog for the full story including some very valuable lessons learned.

          Tina
          http://frecs.blogspot.com

        • Andrew Buskov
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18 8:17 PM
            Nice report Tina. I know how cold Clingmans can be! I got stuck out there a
            couple Januarys ago. Unfortunately, there were no rangers at the top to
            shuttle us down. Just a long, hard 8 mile hike back to Newfound Gap. It's
            always nice to go on a short hike with people prior to going on a long trek.
            I've been lucky for the most part about the people I've met, but then again.
            there have been those chosen few who I'd like to push off a cliff.

            AB

            _____

            Visit Corridor9

            <http://www.corridor9.net> http://www.corridor9.net

            ____________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 12, 2008
              since Iv'e been testing a tent I got lazy reading this group...shoulda
              knowed some yank would besmirch me...:')

              Coy Boy

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Buskov" <rescue@...>
              wrote:

              > Nice report Tina. I know how cold Clingmans can be! I got stuck out
              there a
              > couple Januarys ago. Unfortunately, there were no rangers at the top
              > shuttle us down. Just a long, hard 8 mile hike back to Newfound Gap.
              It's
              > always nice to go on a short hike with people prior to going on a
              long trek.
              > I've been lucky for the most part about the people I've met, but then
              again.
              > there have been those chosen few who I'd like to push off a cliff.
              >

              > AB

            • Andrew Buskov
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 12, 2008
                I didn't say I wanted to push "Coy" off a cliff. how do you know I wasn't
                talking about Chuck???

                COY: Do not read below this line!!!

                (Chuck. I was actually talking about Coy, so don't worry)

                AB

                _____

                wrote:

                > Nice report Tina. I know how cold Clingmans can be! I got stuck out
                there a
                > couple Januarys ago. Unfortunately, there were no rangers at the top
                > shuttle us down. Just a long, hard 8 mile hike back to Newfound Gap.
                It's
                > always nice to go on a short hike with people prior to going on a
                long trek.
                > I've been lucky for the most part about the people I've met, but then
                again.
                > there have been those chosen few who I'd like to push off a cliff.
                >

                > AB