Re: [Hammock Camping] cuben hammock

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2008
      Some people on this list have advocated using mylar as a vapor barrier
      between the hammock and the underquilt or outside the underquilt. Mylar
      would result in similar condensation problems.

      I once tried an insulated mylar (similar to the truck windshield cover)
      as an underquilt and found almost a teaspoon of condensation collected
      at the shield's lowest point. So, I decided that, for me, a
      non-breathable layer would not work. I'm had success with house-tyvek
      as a way to block wind, splash-back, dog noses, and rolling fogs.

      CL