Re: From FL to 22nd SEHHA Campout ??? June 6-8, 2008 Hot Springs, NC

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 2:07 PM
      hmmm got this from their Website, but I doubt that there are any
      cheap flights to a municipal airport. So Knoxville would be best?

      sandy in miami

      <<By Air:
      Knoxville airport (McGhee-Tyson)is about 95 minutes away.
      http://www.tys.org/

      The closest airport to the Hot Springs Resort & Spa is the
      Greeneville-Greene County Municipal Airport , located in
      Greeneville , Tennessee. It is about 45 minutes away.
      http://www.airnav.com/airport/GCY>>

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer"
      <sandykayak@...> wrote:

      > Gosh, I would LOVE to hang out with y'all. I live in Miami and
      would
      > have to find a very cheap flight. My birthday is on June 11 (the
      > Wed) and I was looking to do something very special. I just got
      > back from a week in Mexico (where I spent the last night in my
      > Venezuelan string hammock on the rooftop terrace since I'd made up
      > the bed for incoming tenants)so I'm not sure how many days I can
      > take, but certainly a long weekend would fly.
      >
      > Is anyone else planning to fly in and we could meet up in ?????
      > (which airport(s) are best?) and share a car rental. Or perhaps
      > someone else has another suggestion?
      >
      > sandy kramer
      > miami, fl
      >

      > -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > ?
      > >
      > > Ed will send out more details later, but here is the basic info
      > regarding the June SEHHA Campout in Hot Springs. As always, it will
      > be the second weekend in June which is June 6-8. Unfortunately,
      this
      > year it will not coincide with the Bluff Mountain Music festival
      and
      > we were unable to change out dates to the following weekend. ?Even
      > without the music festival, there is plenty to do in Hot Springs on
      > warm summer weekend. ?The rafting is usually in full swing,
      > wildflowers are in bloom and wading in the river is always
      pleasant.
      > You can even celebrate National Trails day and go for a hike! ?
      > >
      > > ?
      > >
      > > More info is posted at:
      > >
      > > ?
      > >
      > > ?http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm
      > >
      > > ?
      > >
      > > Hope to see everyone in Hot Springs!
      > >
      > > ?
      > >
      > > Karen
      > >
      > > Speer Hammocks, Inc.

    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 2:29 PM
        cheapest ab $406 (PLUS taxes etc) with one stop. guess I'll have to
        look for something else special for my b/day.

        sheesh...I got $300 round trip including taxes for my trip to
        Guadalajara last week!!

        sandy