From FL to 22nd SEHHA Campout ??? June 6-8, 2008 Hot Springs, NC

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2008
      Gosh, I would LOVE to hang out with y'all. I live in Miami and would
      have to find a very cheap flight. My birthday is on June 11 (the
      Wed) and I was looking to do something very special. I just got
      back from a week in Mexico (where I spent the last night in my
      Venezuelan string hammock on the rooftop terrace since I'd made up
      the bed for incoming tenants)so I'm not sure how many days I can
      take, but certainly a long weekend would fly.

      Is anyone else planning to fly in and we could meet up in ?????
      (which airport(s) are best?) and share a car rental. Or perhaps
      someone else has another suggestion?

      sandy kramer
      miami, fl

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > ?
      >
      > Ed will send out more details later, but here is the basic info
      regarding the June SEHHA Campout in Hot Springs. As always, it will
      be the second weekend in June which is June 6-8. Unfortunately, this
      year it will not coincide with the Bluff Mountain Music festival and
      we were unable to change out dates to the following weekend. ?Even
      without the music festival, there is plenty to do in Hot Springs on a
      warm summer weekend. ?The rafting is usually in full swing,
      wildflowers are in bloom and wading in the river is always pleasant.
      You can even celebrate National Trails day and go for a hike! ?

      > ?
      >
      > More info is posted at:
      >
      > ?
      >
      > ?http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm
      >
      > ?
      >
      > Hope to see everyone in Hot Springs!
      >
      > ?
      >
      > Karen
      >
      > Speer Hammocks, Inc.

    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2008
        hmmm got this from their Website, but I doubt that there are any
        cheap flights to a municipal airport. So Knoxville would be best?

        sandy in miami

        <<By Air:
        Knoxville airport (McGhee-Tyson)is about 95 minutes away.
        http://www.tys.org/

        The closest airport to the Hot Springs Resort & Spa is the
        Greeneville-Greene County Municipal Airport , located in
        Greeneville , Tennessee. It is about 45 minutes away.
        http://www.airnav.com/airport/GCY>>

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer"
        <sandykayak@...> wrote:

        > Gosh, I would LOVE to hang out with y'all. I live in Miami and
        would
        > have to find a very cheap flight. My birthday is on June 11 (the
        > Wed) and I was looking to do something very special. I just got
        > back from a week in Mexico (where I spent the last night in my
        > Venezuelan string hammock on the rooftop terrace since I'd made up
        > the bed for incoming tenants)so I'm not sure how many days I can
        > take, but certainly a long weekend would fly.
        >
        > Is anyone else planning to fly in and we could meet up in ?????
        > (which airport(s) are best?) and share a car rental. Or perhaps
        > someone else has another suggestion?
        >
        > sandy kramer
        > miami, fl
        >

        > -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > ?
        > >
        > > Ed will send out more details later, but here is the basic info
        > regarding the June SEHHA Campout in Hot Springs. As always, it will
        > be the second weekend in June which is June 6-8. Unfortunately,
        this
        > year it will not coincide with the Bluff Mountain Music festival
        and
        > we were unable to change out dates to the following weekend. ?Even
        > without the music festival, there is plenty to do in Hot Springs on
        > warm summer weekend. ?The rafting is usually in full swing,
        > wildflowers are in bloom and wading in the river is always
        pleasant.
        > You can even celebrate National Trails day and go for a hike! ?
        > >
        > > ?
        > >
        > > More info is posted at:
        > >
        > > ?
        > >
        > > ?http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm
        > >
        > > ?
        > >
        > > Hope to see everyone in Hot Springs!
        > >
        > > ?
        > >
        > > Karen
        > >
        > > Speer Hammocks, Inc.

      • Sandy Kramer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2008
          cheapest ab $406 (PLUS taxes etc) with one stop. guess I'll have to
          look for something else special for my b/day.

          sheesh...I got $300 round trip including taxes for my trip to
          Guadalajara last week!!

          sandy