22nd SEHHA Campout - June 6-8, 2008 Hot Springs, NC

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      ?

      Ed will send out more details later, but here is the basic info regarding the June SEHHA Campout in Hot Springs. As always, it will be the second weekend in June which is June 6-8. Unfortunately, this year it will not coincide with the Bluff Mountain Music festival and we were unable to change out dates to the following weekend. ?Even without the music festival, there is plenty to do in Hot Springs on a warm summer weekend. ?The rafting is usually in full swing, wildflowers are in bloom and wading in the river is always pleasant. You can even celebrate National Trails day and go for a hike! ?

      ?

      More info is posted at:

      ?

      ?http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm

      ?

      Hope to see everyone in Hot Springs!

      ?

      Karen

      Speer Hammocks, Inc.

    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2008
        Gosh, I would LOVE to hang out with y'all. I live in Miami and would
        have to find a very cheap flight. My birthday is on June 11 (the
        Wed) and I was looking to do something very special. I just got
        back from a week in Mexico (where I spent the last night in my
        Venezuelan string hammock on the rooftop terrace since I'd made up
        the bed for incoming tenants)so I'm not sure how many days I can
        take, but certainly a long weekend would fly.

        Is anyone else planning to fly in and we could meet up in ?????
        (which airport(s) are best?) and share a car rental. Or perhaps
        someone else has another suggestion?

        sandy kramer
        miami, fl

        -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > ?
        >
        > Ed will send out more details later, but here is the basic info
        regarding the June SEHHA Campout in Hot Springs. As always, it will
        be the second weekend in June which is June 6-8. Unfortunately, this
        year it will not coincide with the Bluff Mountain Music festival and
        we were unable to change out dates to the following weekend. ?Even
        without the music festival, there is plenty to do in Hot Springs on a
        warm summer weekend. ?The rafting is usually in full swing,
        wildflowers are in bloom and wading in the river is always pleasant.
        You can even celebrate National Trails day and go for a hike! ?

        > ?
        >
        > More info is posted at:
        >
        > ?
        >
        > ?http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm
        >
        > ?
        >
        > Hope to see everyone in Hot Springs!
        >
        > ?
        >
        > Karen
        >
        > Speer Hammocks, Inc.

      • Sandy Kramer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2008
          hmmm got this from their Website, but I doubt that there are any
          cheap flights to a municipal airport. So Knoxville would be best?

          sandy in miami

          <<By Air:
          Knoxville airport (McGhee-Tyson)is about 95 minutes away.
          http://www.tys.org/

          The closest airport to the Hot Springs Resort & Spa is the
          Greeneville-Greene County Municipal Airport , located in
          Greeneville , Tennessee. It is about 45 minutes away.
          http://www.airnav.com/airport/GCY>>

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer"
          <sandykayak@...> wrote:

          > Gosh, I would LOVE to hang out with y'all. I live in Miami and
          would
          > have to find a very cheap flight. My birthday is on June 11 (the
          > Wed) and I was looking to do something very special. I just got
          > back from a week in Mexico (where I spent the last night in my
          > Venezuelan string hammock on the rooftop terrace since I'd made up
          > the bed for incoming tenants)so I'm not sure how many days I can
          > take, but certainly a long weekend would fly.
          >
          > Is anyone else planning to fly in and we could meet up in ?????
          > (which airport(s) are best?) and share a car rental. Or perhaps
          > someone else has another suggestion?
          >
          > sandy kramer
          > miami, fl
          >

          > -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > ?
          > >
          > > Ed will send out more details later, but here is the basic info
          > regarding the June SEHHA Campout in Hot Springs. As always, it will
          > be the second weekend in June which is June 6-8. Unfortunately,
          this
          > year it will not coincide with the Bluff Mountain Music festival
          and
          > we were unable to change out dates to the following weekend. ?Even
          > without the music festival, there is plenty to do in Hot Springs on
          > warm summer weekend. ?The rafting is usually in full swing,
          > wildflowers are in bloom and wading in the river is always
          pleasant.
          > You can even celebrate National Trails day and go for a hike! ?
          > >
          > > ?
          > >
          > > More info is posted at:
          > >
          > > ?
          > >
          > > ?http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm
          > >
          > > ?
          > >
          > > Hope to see everyone in Hot Springs!
          > >
          > > ?
          > >
          > > Karen
          > >
          > > Speer Hammocks, Inc.

        • Sandy Kramer
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2008
            cheapest ab $406 (PLUS taxes etc) with one stop. guess I'll have to
            look for something else special for my b/day.

            sheesh...I got $300 round trip including taxes for my trip to
            Guadalajara last week!!

            sandy