Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Knots to use for hammock camping

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26, 2008
      Add more wraps 'behind the crossover point' if the rope tends to slip.
      I usually do 4-5, then I tuck the free end in as a quick release.

      On my Hennessey Hammock, with it's slick rope, I wrap around the tree,
      back through the alpine butterfly loop and then tie the taunt-line
      hitch. This holds better, slips less, and is easier to undo.

      CL