RE: Hammock Camping Re: Hammocks on the PCT (was something else )

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003
      Message
      I really don't know Tony.  Certainly not as convenient as the forested Appalachians.  The desert will be a challenge, however, I've tied my hammock off many times to boulders when trees weren't available.  Other challenges will be the large size of some of the trees, but this can be handled with longer hanging straps.  When all elase fails, my Speer hammock is designed to easily set up on the ground as a tarp and bivy sack.  I do plan on taking my hammock on the PCT....Ed