Re: Orange trash bags.

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 22 1:30 PM
      Hey, Ralph-

      Rosaleen here, again.

      Just take a look at the Guide to Safe Scouting as you make plans for you
      Troop. Then weigh that info against what you choose to do. If you stay
      within the guidelnes, file the trip paperwork, and then have an accident,
      you can use the BSA's insurance. No paperwork, insurance can be denied.
      Same for not following the Guide. After the movie, Rambo, came out, my son
      wanted one of the big knives with the saw, etc., inside. He was a pretty
      responsible kid, so we got him one. The we found out they weren't allowed
      for Scout outings. Now I wouldn't carry it because it is too heavy.

      Rosaleen

      Re: Orange trash bags.
      Posted by: "thomassen_ralph" thomassen_ralph@... thomassen_ralph
      Date: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm ((PDT))

      Hey Rosaleen,
      For scouts to earn their Totin' Chip they have to be able to feed and
      care for axes, hatchets, saws, and, folding knives. The only thing I
      know that the scouts seriously frown on are fixed blade knives. The
      reason being is that they are harder to secure. Not knowing what type
      of trail improvement we will have to do we will most likely carry all
      3 items. Be Prepared right?? I was just tbrainstorming on a way to
      cut down weight. One of those kukri style machetes wood be nice. I
      have tried the woodsman pal and it is sweet!!
      Thanks Rosaleen!!