RE: Hammock Camping Southeast Hammock Hangers Trip

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2003
      Message
      Good question Youngblood.  Yes, I have given much thought to more Hammock Hangers trips.  Currently I'm putting together a late summer overnighter on the Mountains-To-Sea Trail near Morganton, NC for Sat Sept 20. This would be an easy stream-side walk and camp in a beautiful mountain wilderness area.  Should be convenient for folks in NC, SC, VA, GA, etc.  Anyone interested should let me know; expect details soon.

      I often get out for weekend overnighters here in the southern Appalachians and would love for others to join me.  While these are generally impromptu trips, a July or August trip for all hammock hangers could easily be scheduled--so again anyone interested should let me know. If there is enough interest, I'd set something up.

      Maybe we should start a List calender where anyone could easily post their upcoming trip plans so others interested in joining could find the info.  I'm certainly not the only one on this list who gets out often....

      Dave, thanks to you, I've been contacted by your friend Jef Hunter, new director of the American Hiking Society's Southern Appalachian Initiative.  I'll now be joing you on the panel of the lightweight backpacking fair at the Oct meeting in Tennessee.  Really looking forward to it; thanks for setting this up....Ed