Re: Claytor jungle hammock vs Hennessey Expedition Asym

  • garrisonmiller
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 2:12 PM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Ross" <jlross_tijeras@...>
      wrote:

      > Has anybody ever tried both of these hammocks? I have a Hennessey,
      and
      > it's ok, but I think it's a bit short for me (6'-3"). The Claytor
      > looks to be about the same length. I wonder if it's any more or less
      > comfortable. I sure like the price of the Claytor compared to the
      > Hennessey.

      I haven't tried either. I sew up my own. Being 6'2" and 200lbs I find
      that 10'long, 59" wide (with seam allowance) is ideal. Might save a few
      ounces by making it smaller but would rather err on the side of
      comfort. I make my own tarps a little oversized too for the same reason.
      I would be glad to help anyone out who is considering making their own.

      Gary