Claytor jungle hammock vs Hennessey Expedition Asym

  • Jeff Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2008
      Has anybody ever tried both of these hammocks? I have a Hennessey, and
      it's ok, but I think it's a bit short for me (6'-3"). The Claytor
      looks to be about the same length. I wonder if it's any more or less
      comfortable. I sure like the price of the Claytor compared to the
      Hennessey.
    • Tom Frazier
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2008
        Looked at the HH website and it says the 'HH Expedition Asym' is 9' feet long. The Claytor hammock is listed as being 9' 9". though mine measured out to just 9' 3" long and only 47" (3' 11") wide.

        If you made your own you could make yourself a 10' hammock that'd be 60" (5' ft.) wide. I made a little one for my son (7' ft. long) and though it was nice to lay around in, it was too small. But with the width, I was able to get flatter than I was able to in the Byer I originally had.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2008
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Ross" <jlross_tijeras@...>
          wrote:

          > Has anybody ever tried both of these hammocks? I have a Hennessey,
          and
          > it's ok, but I think it's a bit short for me (6'-3"). The Claytor
          > looks to be about the same length. I wonder if it's any more or less
          > comfortable. I sure like the price of the Claytor compared to the
          > Hennessey.

          I haven't tried either. I sew up my own. Being 6'2" and 200lbs I find
          that 10'long, 59" wide (with seam allowance) is ideal. Might save a few
          ounces by making it smaller but would rather err on the side of
          comfort. I make my own tarps a little oversized too for the same reason.
          I would be glad to help anyone out who is considering making their own.

          Gary