Re: [Hammock Camping] ENO Profly

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9 6:16 PM
      that would just come down to personal preference.
      just weigh out the pros & cons of weight savings verses money savings.
      if you're not hiking w/ a pack for any real distance, the lower cost may be the way to go.
      but if you want your pack weight down for the trail, the extra investment in a silnylon tarp may be worth considering. ...tim

      Pip <undivided2001@...> wrote:
      Yeah, but if you get the ENO OneLink and upgrade for 5.00 to the
      profly you save about 30.00 over buying the pieces individually so
      it's like I'd be spending 50.00 on the tarp instead of double that for
      a speer or maccat. So with that in mind is the Profly worth the 5.00
      over the dryfly or would you spend double that for a speer or maccat?

      > not bad but for a few bucks more you can get one of the speer
      silnylon tarps & lose considerable weight.