ENO Profly

  • Pip
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2008
      Hey,
      I haven't been able to find out much about this anywhere?
      http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/profly.html

      It seems like it might be a better design than the dryfly that some
      people don't like for only $5.00 more. So I'm wondering if anyone has
      had any experience or seen this thing in person?
      Thanks

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
          Yeah, but if you get the ENO OneLink and upgrade for 5.00 to the
          profly you save about 30.00 over buying the pieces individually so
          it's like I'd be spending 50.00 on the tarp instead of double that for
          a speer or maccat. So with that in mind is the Profly worth the 5.00
          over the dryfly or would you spend double that for a speer or maccat?

          > not bad but for a few bucks more you can get one of the speer
          silnylon tarps & lose considerable weight.

          > Pip <undivided2001@...> wrote: Hey,
          > I haven't been able to find out much about this anywhere?
          > http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/profly.html
          >
          > It seems like it might be a better design than the dryfly that some
          > people don't like for only $5.00 more. So I'm wondering if anyone has
          > had any experience or seen this thing in person?
          > Thanks

        • pure mahem
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
            You also have the JRB 10'x11' option that's on sale right now for about $90. Just to throw out another option.

            not bad but for a few bucks more you can get one of the speer silnylon tarps & lose considerable weight.

            Pip <undivided2001@ yahoo.com> wrote: Hey,
            I haven't been able to find out much about this anywhere?
            http://www.eaglesne stoutfittersinc. com/profly. html

            It seems like it might be a better design than the dryfly that some
            people don't like for only $5.00 more. So I'm wondering if anyone has
            had any experience or seen this thing in person?
            Thanks

            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • pure mahem
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
              Personally and this is JMO I'd buy the bug netting from ENO and get a Speer or a JRB 10'x11' for the additional coverage they offer and the weight they save, but that's just me.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
                that would just come down to personal preference.
                just weigh out the pros & cons of weight savings verses money savings.
                if you're not hiking w/ a pack for any real distance, the lower cost may be the way to go.
                but if you want your pack weight down for the trail, the extra investment in a silnylon tarp may be worth considering. ...tim