Re: [Hammock Camping] Re:Pros and Cons

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 8, 2008
      The Hennessey Hammocks come with side bungies (elastic line) that act to
      dampen swings. They also spread out the hammock so it doesn't close up
      around you so much. With the hammock your DH uses, it should be easy to
      temporarily attach bungies to see if they help you (they would run from
      widest part of hammock to the ground). If they do, then you and your
      husband will have a great system.

      CL

      Mary McMonagle wrote:
      > I'm on this list for info for DH and ds. I'm one that won't hammock. I
      > can't stand the movement, and I don't normally get motion sick. Even
      > sleeping under ds, who loves to sway, makes me sick listening to him
      > swaying. I do like the protection of his tarp though.
    • Tom Frazier
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 8, 2008
        I personally was curious about the double nest as I'm trying to get the family into hammocks this summer. ;o) My wife and infant can take a hammock (we have yet to give this a try, so it's just hypothetical right now), I take another hammock and my three year old gets his own hammock. lol..hopefully I can work something out.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 8, 2008
          Something I had considered while we waited for a hammock for my kids is setting up a ground pad and sleeping bag under and to the side of my claytor hammock under the speer winter tarp I've got. I could easily get myself (in a hammock) plus three or four more adults sleeping on the ground.