Re: Hammock Camping Digest Number 172

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2003
      Aaron-

      How often are you willing to replace your hammock?  The Hennessy site shows a one year guarantee on at least one of the racer models.  I'm not sure if each has that same limited guarantee.  They are intended for challenge races and such.  Those guys use gear for one event and leave the gear behind to save time.  Because they are intended for one race, the Hennessy RACER series are made with lighter, less durable materials.  As you have chosen more durable brass for your stoves, Tom Hennessy has chosen more durable materials for hammock camping.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

        From: "Aaron" <aaron@...>
      Subject: Hennessey Model Question

      I once tried out the Ultralight A-Sym and ended up returning it
      because of newbie problems such as not finding adequate sites with
      trees properly spaced, too cold at nights, etc. It was also heavier
      than my tarp. I'm ready to try a hammock again and am considering
      either the adventure racer (15 oz) or the LightRacer A-sym (1lb 4
      oz). My question is: what are the major experiential differences
      between the two? The specs don't seem to be that different and I can
      get some of my answers at the HH site. I'm interested in hearing from
      someone that's actually tried both. I know it's a longshot, but
      hey...if I can't get it answered on a hammock site I'm not likely to
      get it elsewhere.
      -Aaron