Re: [Hammock Camping] Doubts about Hammock's use

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

      > Hey Flavio,
      >

      > While most of the world sleeps in hammocks as you have portayed in
      the link below, that is not how camping hammocks are intended to be
      used. Most, if not all of them, are intended to be used with the user
      having their head at one end and their feet at another - sleeping
      either in straight alignment with the end attachments, or at a slight
      diagonel, but not completely perpendicular.>>

      I have a camping hammock with a bugnet (Byer's Mosquito Traveler) and
      I sleep in it diagonally, which is what gives your body the proper
      alignment and comfort. I have arthritis and many co-sufferers agree
      that when you find the sweet spot, hammock sleeping is wonderful.

      Don't see how you could be comfortable sleeping like a banana.

      sandy in miami
    • Blake Robert
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
        I stopped by Walmart today and found a closeout on
        20"x6' non-slip shelf liners.

        They normally go at $3.50.

        They are now going at $1.50.

        This does not mean that your Walmart will have them at
        closeout prices---but, there is a certain uniformity
        with many stores.

        For example, Flagstaff often has its last major
        blizzard in late March. People driving through on I-40
        aren't equipped for the weather---they exit at the
        Flagstaff Mall seeking cold weather wear at Sears,
        Penney's, and Dillard's.

        Only to be told that winter wear was closed out weeks
        ago to make room for short sleeves, short pants, etc.

        When the Phoenix and Tucson stores at low elevation
        (1,350 feet and 2,300 feet) switch their seasonal
        offerings the stores at higher elevations/colder
        climates have to switch too.

        So, maybe your Walmart will have these at sale prices
        too?????

        RB