RES: [Hammock Camping] Doubts about Hammock's use

  • Arrozcompequi
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
      Hi Karen!

      But when you arm the hammock, do you stretch it or not?
      Regarding water in ropes, I tested these ideas that you raised, but none
      worked, as the water passes through inside the rope.

      I already used “Rock Climbing Carabiners” which resulted in a good exit, but
      still try some material that can be more lightweight, practical and less.

      Flávio Yamamoto.

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

        > Hey Flavio,
        >

        > While most of the world sleeps in hammocks as you have portayed in
        the link below, that is not how camping hammocks are intended to be
        used. Most, if not all of them, are intended to be used with the user
        having their head at one end and their feet at another - sleeping
        either in straight alignment with the end attachments, or at a slight
        diagonel, but not completely perpendicular.>>

        I have a camping hammock with a bugnet (Byer's Mosquito Traveler) and
        I sleep in it diagonally, which is what gives your body the proper
        alignment and comfort. I have arthritis and many co-sufferers agree
        that when you find the sweet spot, hammock sleeping is wonderful.

        Don't see how you could be comfortable sleeping like a banana.

        sandy in miami
      • Blake Robert
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
          I stopped by Walmart today and found a closeout on
          20"x6' non-slip shelf liners.

          They normally go at $3.50.

          They are now going at $1.50.

          This does not mean that your Walmart will have them at
          closeout prices---but, there is a certain uniformity
          with many stores.

          For example, Flagstaff often has its last major
          blizzard in late March. People driving through on I-40
          aren't equipped for the weather---they exit at the
          Flagstaff Mall seeking cold weather wear at Sears,
          Penney's, and Dillard's.

          Only to be told that winter wear was closed out weeks
          ago to make room for short sleeves, short pants, etc.

          When the Phoenix and Tucson stores at low elevation
          (1,350 feet and 2,300 feet) switch their seasonal
          offerings the stores at higher elevations/colder
          climates have to switch too.

          So, maybe your Walmart will have these at sale prices
          too?????

          RB