Re: use of spreader bar

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "paddydrury"
      <paddy.drury@...> wrote:

      > I have just got my second DD hamock (2008 version))
      >
      > It comes complete with a sewn in fly net.
      >
      > I was thinking of using a home made spreader bar as I find I dont
      like
      > the bunching at head and feet. I am not very tall at all 5ft 6in
      and
      > the hammock is plenty long enough, but... I still would like that
      bit
      > of extra space around my head.
      >
      > I was thinking of adding a spreader bar to stop the bunching and
      allow
      > the hammock and fly netting to take on a more box like form. The
      fly
      > net does have loops at the top to allow a small stick and a bit of
      > elastic to lift the net clear.
      >
      > Any thoughts kind people???

      paddy... if you go to the photo section of this site, then click
      on "last", then go to the previous page (next to last page) you will
      see an album titled "slowhike's end covers" or something close to
      that.
      there you'll see the spreader bar method that i've been since i
      posted those photos about one year ago.

      i sleep in my hammock every night at home or away. i used it a few
      times since then with out the spreader bar just for experimentation,
      but soon put it back in.

      i really like the open feel i get like that. ...tim