use of spreader bar

  • paddydrury
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2008
      I have just got my second DD hamock (2008 version))

      It comes complete with a sewn in fly net.

      I was thinking of using a home made spreader bar as I find I dont like
      the bunching at head and feet. I am not very tall at all 5ft 6in and
      the hammock is plenty long enough, but... I still would like that bit
      of extra space around my head.

      I was thinking of adding a spreader bar to stop the bunching and allow
      the hammock and fly netting to take on a more box like form. The fly
      net does have loops at the top to allow a small stick and a bit of
      elastic to lift the net clear.

      Any thoughts kind people???
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2008
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "paddydrury"
        <paddy.drury@...> wrote:

        > I have just got my second DD hamock (2008 version))
        >
        > It comes complete with a sewn in fly net.
        >
        > I was thinking of using a home made spreader bar as I find I dont
        like
        > the bunching at head and feet. I am not very tall at all 5ft 6in
        and
        > the hammock is plenty long enough, but... I still would like that
        bit
        > of extra space around my head.
        >
        > I was thinking of adding a spreader bar to stop the bunching and
        allow
        > the hammock and fly netting to take on a more box like form. The
        fly
        > net does have loops at the top to allow a small stick and a bit of
        > elastic to lift the net clear.
        >
        > Any thoughts kind people???

        paddy... if you go to the photo section of this site, then click
        on "last", then go to the previous page (next to last page) you will
        see an album titled "slowhike's end covers" or something close to
        that.
        there you'll see the spreader bar method that i've been since i
        posted those photos about one year ago.

        i sleep in my hammock every night at home or away. i used it a few
        times since then with out the spreader bar just for experimentation,
        but soon put it back in.

        i really like the open feel i get like that. ...tim