Re: [Hammock Camping] State Park Hanging Rules

  • pure mahem
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 2, 2008
      I can only speak for my own experiences. Although we don't have the no hang rules up hear, we do have the leave no trace rules which the rangers remind us of. If I am out in the back country I don't usually see anyone. But 9 out of 10 times when I am at a public site the ranger will come around and check your site. If your doing something wrong they will leave a calling card on your tent door zipper or where you will definately see it for you to meet with them at the check in point to discuss the issue. They have no quams about telling you if you are doing something wrong and it can be as simple as moving a rock to build up the already existing fire ring, the fire ring is adequate please do not disturb the terrain, thank you. They are always polite about it but they are there and they want you to know that they do have rules and they want them followed. Just my experience. Yours may be different. They have never had any issue with me using a tree to hang
      my hammock and have even pointed out a time or too good to see your using the protective straps to keep from harming the tree. They probably have told people using ropes to take them down if it appeared it was doing anyharm or might do harm to the tree.