Re: [Hammock Camping] Which hammock and bag for cold and warm weather?

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 13, 2008
      Since the weather usually comes here from the west/ south & north 'Lake Effect' snow doesn't happen here as much as it does to Northern Indiana, Michigan State and points East of Lake Michigan. This is because there aren't major bodies of water to the west to feed the snow. The most apparent and often 'Lake Effect' is during the summer as it is 'cooler by the lake' (up to 1mi inland) and in the winter it is warmer by the lake (~5-10 degrees).

      still no overnight camping on the lakefront or in anywhere I know of in the metro area (25-35 mile radius from downtown) though. But there are lots of out of the way forested areas where you cant be seen.

      weight 100grams (g) = ~3.5 ounces 1/2 an ounce short of a 1/4 pound (a nice sandwich)
      Liquid 1 cup / 8oz = about 1/4 liter (L) 250milliliter (ml) actual
      distance 1Km = .6 mi This also applies to MPH vs. KPH
      10Km = 6 mi
      100Km = 60 mi

      Sapere Aude,
      Arye P. Rubenstein