cat tarp

  • hacktorious
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2008
      Anyone have the Speer cat tarp? I am comparing it to the McCat tarps
      and wondering how it compares in the wind. Also, will it work with an
      HH ultralight backpacker? It looks like it might be a bit short. Thanks.

      After testing my HH fly in winds from 6mph to 40mph, I have decided to
      get one better suited for wind protection.

      I like the idea of being able to fold the ends in on the speer.
      However, does this cause more issues in windy conditions?

      --
      Scott
    • David Fox
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2008
        I bought one and It does fold in on the ends quite nicely. You may need
        extra stakes if there isn't enough to stake it to.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008
          I mean if there isn't enough to tie it to.

          From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>