[Hammock Camping] Re: Superstitions hike anyone???????

  • billybob38801
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 6, 2008
      Yeah, that's rings a bell, Cheshire- I had forgotten the name of my
      old neighborhood on the northwest side of Flagstaff. I loved living
      there. Don't know about a possible Nelson Eddy connection, but it
      sounds reasonable. I wish I had never sold that house on Roberta, I
      should have rented it and it would be all paid for by now, and I'd
      have a nice vacation home there. It is definitely about time for a
      visit to Arizona, but this time for something new- a hammock hanging
      adventure trip!
      Bill

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for the input MS Bridgman, Jamie, and billybob........
      >
      > billybob---your neighborhood around Chesire is one of
      > my favorite areas for yardsales----I even bought a Red
      > Chinese twin lens reflex there for $7. The seller
      > thought no one would know what it was. When I picked
      > it up---looked at the Chinese characters, and asked,
      > "Is this a Chinese Seagull TLR????" she looked dizzy!
      >
      > Can you tell me if those two streets in your old
      > neighborhood, Eddy St. and Nelson St. are named after
      > Nelson Eddy---the movie star????.............
      >
      > RB
    • Arye P. R.
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 23, 2008
        Thanks, wish I was there - than

        I guess being in the Midwest (Chicago), that is why we have have both flea markets and swap meets. The famous one here is the Maxwell Street Market which has been around for better than 100 years.

        Arye P. Rubenstein