Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hammock Stands

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 6, 2008
      How do you hook two together? Do you have any photo's?

      I imagine you connect them with a chain or something?
      --
      Scott
      If man made it, don't eat it!!!

      Quoting "Arye P. R." <aprarye@...>:

      > hi scott
      >
      > the 2 - 2x's in an X configuration work well. As for stakes I've
      > been using Dog Tie Out Stakes as seen at
      > <http://www.terrificpets.com/pet_supplies/dog/travel-outdoors/stakes/>
      > either the spiral or winged stright ones
      > Im 350#s and they hold well with 2 at each end.
      >
      > Sapere Aude,
      > Arye P. Rubenstein
      >

      > Imagination is more important than knowledge...
      > It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
      >
      > Albert Einstein

    • Scott
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 6, 2008
        Scroll down on this page to see my setup:
        http://hammockcamping.blogspot.com/

        I will try a piece of rebar, and an additional stake like in your
        photo and see how it works. I think I have a 20" piece of rebar, and
        a 16" spike. Maybe I will go to the hardware store tonight.
        --

      • eilismaura@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 6, 2008
          I would love more info on this