Re: Superstitions hike anyone???????

  • Jamie D.
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hi Robert,

      Sounds great. I will be heading up to Reavis Ranch in late April
      with a group. If you want to join us for another outing let me know.

      I've done this loop but we camped a La Barge becuase it was a large
      site for tents. There will most definitely be water in both Whiskey
      Spring, La Barge Spring and Bluff Spring after all the rain we've
      had. I went a few years ago in much dryer conditions and there was
      water in all of these springs then. You wont need to carry too much
      water on day two since La Barge is in the middle of your two camps
      and there is nice water there.

      Whiskey is not the best camping area for tents so you will be happy
      in your hammock. There are several trees in the area.

      I've been to dripping springs too. There is a little Mesquite bosque
      west of the tanks at the base of the cliffs with the holes in them.
      THat's where I hung and it was perfect. Couple of tent spots there
      too in case you have some ground dwellers with you.
      When you come out of the Dripping SPrings area and are heading
      toward the Coffee Flat trail stay in in the wash while on the
      private property section. The trail is overgrown with catclaw but
      the wash, while slow going, is pretty clear.

      Really get some good maps. Some of the trails you are mentioning
      will be very overgrown and require some bushwacks. The eastern and
      northern portions of the wilderness are very lightly used and some
      of the trails are not well maintained. I'm guessing you already
      know this but thought I'd mention it anyway just in case.

      Wish I could join you but I do not have that weekend open.

      Safe hiking,
      Jamie D in AZ

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert
    • Arye P. R.
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 23, 2008
        Thanks, wish I was there - than

        I guess being in the Midwest (Chicago), that is why we have have both flea markets and swap meets. The famous one here is the Maxwell Street Market which has been around for better than 100 years.

        Arye P. Rubenstein